Why You Should Join US
Only World Camp USA Gives You…
- The BEST coaches assembled in one place in the USA
- The BEST technical skill training in the USA
- The MOST fun you’ll have playing Field Hockey
How can we say we’re the best?
Tjerk van Herwaarden
Our Technical Director is Tjerk van Herwaarden, a Dutch National who has been creating a name for himself in the USA. With this resume, who isn’t impressed…
- Currently Harvard Head Coach
- 2016 NFHCA Northeast Coach of the Year
- 2016 Ivy Coach of the Year
- Former Interim Head Coach for the USA Women’s National Team
- Followed by assisting at the World Cup when Team USA went from #12 to #4 world ranking
- 5 time NCAA Champion coach (2010, 2008, 2006 & 2005) and 4 time ACC Champion
- USFHA Level 3+ Accreditation (one of only a handful in the USA)
- USFHA Level 2 Coaching Course Conductor & Assessor
- Former Associate Head Coach and Technical Director for the University of Maryland
- former USA National Men’s Team Assistant Coach
- former Head Coach Maryland Women’s High Performance
- former Head Coach Mid Atlantic Men’s High Performance
Because we start with the best to get the best, demonstarted by our relationship with our Technical Advisor and co-founder, Thomas Tichelman, FIH “Master Coach” a Grade 1 Developmental Coach (the only one in the World with that designation).
He is also exclusive camp provider to the European Hockey Federation – and he is a former Olympic Silver Medal coach with the Dutch Men’s National Team and currently with the Dutch Olympic Gold Medal Women’s team. And there’s more…
Join us at what has become a truly extraordinary field hockey camp right here in the USA.
Past & Present International Staff
Here are only a few of our impressive staff
This is why we are proven to be the Best!
Bram Lomans was a defender and played played in over 200 international matches for Holland, in which he scored 140 goals. Lomans was famous for his penalty corners. He perfected the drag flick!
Chris Clements is an FIH Elite Coach and a former USA men’s national team coach. A Kiwi, his first time to the USA was working with World camp, where he was noticed and recruited to help coach at BC, followed by our USA team.
Taco van den Honert is a skilled striker who was high scorer in the Atlanta Olympic games when he helped win the gold medal with the Dutch national team. At the time he was considered the best in the world having played in over 200 international matches.
Teun de Nooijer is owner of two Olympic gold medals and was voted by the FIH three times as “World Hockey Player of the Year. Literally the best-of-the-Best! He has played in an astounding 350 international matches. He’s not good – he’s GREAT!
Joppe De Vries is a Dutch native who came to the USA with World Camp. Our coaches are highly sought after – in Joppe’s case, he was recruited to coach at hockey powerhouse, University of Maryland. He now holds the positions there as associate head coach and technical director
All-Star USA Staff
We are still adding to this section
Tori Whitcher played DI hockey at University of Richmond (’11). Growing up, Tori spent her summer’s in Holland where she worked and played with many different levels of athletes and coaches, including gold medal Olympians. Tori’s full-time job involves taking care of everything and everyone in the World Camp network and family.
Catherine Ostoich is assistant field hockey coach at Indiana University. Most recently, Catherine completed her first year as a Division-I head coach at Missouri State in the 2016 fall season. She has been with World Camp for 6 years, four as our Camp Director at Swarthmore College. A true All-Star!
Rebecca Festinger “Bex”, has been with World Camp for 10 years. Starting as a freshman in college, she worked her way into one of our best Camp Managers. Kids, parents, coaches and her staff LOVE Bex. Recently Bex left her assistant coaching job at Umass Dartmouth to further her degree – she returns to manage camps at Umass and at Monmouth.